Mangoprism welcomes pitches and submissions for all types of writing. We are looking for:
- compelling personal essays
- cultural criticism
- scorching-hot takes
- long-form interviews with interesting folks
- short fiction
- dispatches from around the globe…
- lively album and book and movie and product reviews
- colorful and original reportage
- radical political screeds
- unexpected recipes
The only standard of publication is that reading your piece must be at least as enjoyable as eating a morsel of mango, the most succulent of fruits.
Part of our mission is to publish unestablished writers, and we strongly encourage even those who don’t necessarily identify as a “writer” to reach out. We also hope that folks who do identify or work as a writer see Mangoprism as a place to experiment with different forms than those they are used to. We reply to every reasonable inquiry, and we aim to provide thoughtful editorial support on every piece we publish.
Pitches and submissions should be sent to mangoprism3000 [at] gmail.com.